Monday, October 02, 2006

When Not To Push That Button

I was playing around on Saturday evening and decided to explore the wonderful world of Google AdSense by hitting a button that said I wanted to use AdSense. Now, I thought that I was simply exploring the opportunity and that they would send me some information and I could then decide if it made sense (no pun intended) for my blog at this early stage. However, what actually happened is AdSense took over my blog and now you cannot type www.elliesdad.blogpost.com and get to the blog. What you get to is a blogging spam/advertising page with lots of very annoying popups. I've written the folks at AdSense and in the strongest possible terms have asked them to immediately stop, but of course there aren't any real people to talk to and so I'm just sending emails and hoping that eventually someone will read one of my missives and disengage. Horribly annoying and while I readily admit that I hit the button that said yes, I can't honestly say that they really provided a clear picture of what would transpire. It is a lesson well learned and I won't do it again. I just hope they give me back my blog sometime soon.

No comments: