Friday, October 27, 2006

Proud New Green Belt


Mom has the best pictures on her camera, but this is one I managed to snap. He is posing with one of the black belt instructors at the school. He worked so hard for this promotion and we are really proud of him. Of course the journey continues because we now start the slow march towards his purple belt, which is the lowest rung on the ladder of the advanced belts and not easily won. His target is to do it in less than a year and with the right amount of practice and focus he can probably accomplish that goal. His big brother called last night to congratulate him. Patrick has been studying Brazilian Karate for a couple of years now and competes in tournaments on a regular basis and he has both of my grandchildren taking lessons as well. At least I know I will be well defended in my old age!

No comments: