Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nice Chat

Just under 10 minutes left and the Cowboys are down by 1 point. Tony Romo is doing an okay job for his first NFL start........can you imagine the pressure on that kid? I don't care if they are making 3 million or 33 million, it is still a tough way to make a living. Profitable, but emotionally draining

I went into the office today after Mass and our traditional family brunch at the Landmark Diner. Ellie had chicken fingers once again, and once again we boxed them and took them home for her late afternoon snack.

I heard a phone ringing in the sales department and walked over to pick it up.......a very nice gentlemen who absolutely did not have a technology gene in his body, but needed some help......Flash: Cowboys up after they recover a kickoff fumble and take it in on the first play from scrimmage and then go for the two point conversion and make it.....oh, my Lord, there is hope for anything if the Cowboys can do that this season.......okay, where was I? Oh yea, so I answered the phone and had this delightful chat with a gentlemen in Texas about Microsoft Windows 2000. He had been given a computer and a package of goodies, but the software disk was not included and while he had a product key he did not have the disk to load it. I could not help him beyond offering some advice, but he was a nice chap and we had a good chat. Sometimes, you just got to be nice to people and believe me when I say it never hurts!

No comments: