Monday, November 06, 2006

Holy Spirit, Georgia Tech & The Men's Club

I was asked earlier today by my good neighbor, Dave Denning to attend this evenings monthly meeting of the Men's Club of Holy Spirit Catholic Church. Although Katie and I have been members of the parish for about three or four months (having escaped from Christ the King), I have not had an opportunity to participate in the Men's Club. Dave, a former pilot with the Navy and currently a senior pilot for Delta called to suggest we go together. The guest speaker was Dan Radakovick, the relatively new Athletic Director of Georgia Tech. Well, I thought it sounded like a wonderful opportunity and jumped on it. It turned out to be an absolutely delightful evening. Dan was charming and graciously answered more questions than I think he might have anticipated from a Catholic Men's Group. I met a wonderful group of men of all ages and decided on the spot to join the group and attend other meetings going forward. One important lesson that I've learned over the years is that the last thing you want to do when you hit a wall is to hide your head in the sand. Get up in the morning, get dressed like you mean it and get out, even if it is only to a Starbucks or a Boarders with wireless access............what's important in this situation is not that you are unemployed.......what's important is that you don't fall into in any traps or start feeling sorry for yourself. Me, I'm a Hawks fan and for the moment we are leading the our division...........go Hawks!

No comments: