Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Marines

Today is the 231st.birthday of the U.S.Marine Corps and tomorrow we celebrate Veteran's Day. As a former Marine and a Vietnam Veteran, I am reminded of that period in my life. I am also reminded of the young men and women who sacrifice so much today to protect our country. My time was important to me, but it is time to focus not on my generation, but on today's kids who are serving with honor and integrity. When you wake up tomorrow, please remember our sons and daughters serving across the globe and do something constructive to help them. We owe them so much and we need not forget them during the coming weekend and every weekend to follow. Be proud of them no matter what how you feel about Iraq or our reasons for being there. They are the real hero's!

No comments: