Sunday, November 12, 2006

Christmas Already

I had to spend some money today and given the circumstances, I wanted to make certain that I got the best possible deals. My first stop was at Joseph Banks where I heard that they were having a 50% off of everything sale. Hmmmmm......found it kind of hard to see any real bargains. It looked like they had marked everything up by 75% and were offering discounts on items that would normally sell for far less. No real bargains there. I then popped over to Lowes to get a blower........Kate was desperate to see the lawn and drive cleared of all the leaves and our petrol blower got blown up by the last gardener who put unleaded into it instead of a oil/petrol mixture. The prices were a tad high, but after a bit of discussion I was able to purchase a demo model (it had never actually been used, but was out of the box on the shelf) for 40% below retail. I then spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the front garden and believe me, there were a lot of leaves!

I have a great week lined up with CEO Boot Camp on Tuesday and Wednesday and lunches on Thursday and Friday. I'm also planning a dinner on Tuesday evening. I got a lead of a job that sounds like a good match with my skills and will be pursuing that over the rest of this month. I set myself up in the garage with an office and got hooked into the wireless network and while it is a bit odd sitting in the garage it is comfortable and except for the occasional really big spider it isn't all that bad.

Anyway, what's up with all the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving? It's a bit weird and absolutely too soon. Shouldn't someone tell them that we don't want Christmas in November?

No comments: