Thursday, April 26, 2007

No Clear Winner........

All the pundits have declared that there wasn't a clear winner. I liked Joe Biden, John Edwards, and that mean old man, whoever the hell he was. They all seem to have found religion and are absolutely certain that they were either: a. Right to oppose the invasion, but equally right to vote to fund it, or b; They were wrong to vote for it and it is a mistake that they will take to their graves, or c; She was misinformed and therefore has nothing to apologize for and is not going to apologize.

I suppose the reality is that one of them is probably going to be in the White House in 2008 and that he or she can't do a whole lot worse than the guy currently in charge. Still, I can't abide the way they are attempting to manage the Iraq debate and I can't believe that we are going to walk away once again from a situation just because it is politically expedient to do so. There will be countless lives lost if we withdraw suddenly just as there were countless lives lost in Vietnam after we left as well as Cambodia.

Okay, enough said on this issue. I never intended this blog to be politically focused and I'm not going to take it down that path now. I've said my piece and starting tomorrow I'll get back to writing about things that don't cause my blood pressure to jump off the meter.

Sleep tight folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat; talked to Mary and she said that you were busy bloging again. It seems that the bill is an admission of defeat in a war that had a great opening but no middle or end game plan. Once again the military has done well and the defeat has taken place in the White House and the Halls of Congress. So... how are you doing in the pursuit of The Office. Last time we talked, you were closing in on the front runner. Congrats to Ellie and Joe. Nine and eleven; did I get that right?
Yes, I watched the debate (debate???) and for politicians they were downright nice to each
other. Was that planned, do you think?
Joe