Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Has It Really Been Eight Days?








Gosh, I thought I had posted something over the last week, but obviously not since the last post was 29 April. Oh well, can I please plead an insane schedule and the weekend from hell? It all started on April 28th when I travelled to my sister's home just outside of Atlanta to spend some time with my Mom while my sister and her husband attended their daughter's college graduation ceremony. Their daughter is a late starter, or finisher, depending upon your perspective.......but finish she did and my hat is off to her given she is also a Mom and working part-time. That takes a lot of commitment and Rachel (that's my niece) has demonstrated that she can do just about anything when she sets her mind to the task.

I was relieved on Wednesday, the 2nd of May in the late afternoon by my brother Joe and my sister Mary. Yes, it is true, it takes two to replace me. Of course, my sister Judy would argue that it takes three to replace her and the good Lord knows she is absolutely right.

This past weekend Ellie performed in both the Wizard of Oz (Toto again by popular demand) and Annie where she had three or four roles including playing Rooster, the brother of the evil woman who runs the orphanage. What was her name? Ellie was quite entertaining and had moments of brilliance along with a few seconds of silliness. Oh well, what would be the point of being nine years old if you can not be silly now and again?

After Annie on Saturday morning we rushed to Centennial High so we could support Kate in her year-end ballet recital. I did a bit of parking management, handed out programs, coached some late arrivals and basically did whatever Kate needed me to do. That is what husbands are for from time to time. Joe worked the concession stand and was very helpful. You know, he turned eleven on the 27th of April and is growing so fast........it won't be long before he'll not want to spend time with Dad, but until then I want to cherish all these special times together because it makes me aware of just how special a lad he has become in the past few years.

We then rushed home, showered, and put on our formal attire for the Digital Ball, which was held at the Georgia Congress Center. What an amazing evening! The entertainment was spectacular. I saw so many folks that my headed actually started to spin at one point. Anyway, more of this event in a later post because I really want to do it justice.

Sunday morning was about church and then a short visit with my Mom and by brother Joe before heading for the Buckhead Garden Club's Annual Spring Party. It was a blast (some pictures above for your viewing pleasure)and before you could say "Bob is your Uncle", Monday had arrived and another week is on its way. By the way, I ran into Phil Kent, who I had met at last year's Christmas Party. He is an incredibly interesting chap and has a new book coming out very soon, which you can find on his web site......www.philkent.com. Please do take a look and whatever you do, don't buy it on his site because I'll have it on offer on my site very shortly. Sorry Phil, I need the Amazon Affiliate Points.

Busy, busy, busy. I promise to write a more sane missive tomorrow, but just wanted to update everyone and share some photo's from this past week.

Cheers and Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat; I'm a little slow in reading your blog (today is the 14th). The video of Ellie in her play was precious. I think she was masterful. I truely enjoyed my visit with you and your family if only for a couple of hours. The pictures of Mother and Uncle Joe with your family are great. It is always wonderful to see Mother laugh.
Love to all... Joe