Thursday, May 17, 2007

May 18, 1950


It doesn't seem like it was 57 years ago when I arrived in this great big wonderful world, but time sure does have a way of sneeking up on us. 12:35 a.m. and I've received three e-cards, one from my sister Mary and her family, one from Raj, and one from the Web Hosting Forum (thanks guys).

You see, the problem is that if I could have my way I would never celebrate another birthday.....actually, I dont celebrate them. My wife and kids do and I guess I'd be a real jerk if I did not at least pretend to be enjoying the fuss and bother. The strangest part is that I have felt this way since I was old enough to know what a birthday was about....I've just never like them and have on many occasions completely ignored the fact that it was occuring. That's an option when you are single, but not when you are married with young kids.

A pivotal year for sure.........don't know what the next year holds for me, but I'm healthy and feel great. I have so many blessings and I just can't complain about any of the challenges because I know in my heart the good Lord is watching over me and that makes everything else relatively unimportant. Under His watchful care and protection my future is going to be just fine.

Happy Friday everyone!