Friday, January 25, 2008

John Edwards Drops Out & I'm Faced With A Hard Decison

I must admit that I'm disappointed that he did not do better than a distant third place. John had some very interesting ideas and I think he was focused on a lot of the right issues. Perhaps his personal social position is life made it difficult for folks to accept that he was in favor of the average American, but the authenticity in his voice made me think he was for real and given the personal tragedy that he has experienced I think he is certainly able to relate to the average guy on the street. One thing about tragedy; it puts everyone in the on a level playing field.

So it is down to Barack and Hillary on the Democratic side of things and I guess it is McCain leading Mitt Romney with Mike Huckabee sucking up the rear and hoping like heck that something gives on Super Tuesday.

Gosh folks! What does it say about this country when the only option left to a conservative Republican is Hillary Clinton? I can't even begin to tell you why Romney isn't in my books (blogger.com has space limitations you know) and I sure as hell will never vote for another conservative Christian............Rudy is gone as well although I don't think he has officially withdrawn as of this afternoon. I can't see through the smoke and mirrors that Barack is using and an endorsement from Ted Kennedy was the kiss of death from my perspective..........anyone who openly courts the endorsement of Ted Kennedy is outside my zone of tolerance. That leaves Hillary or a write-in vote for myself, which is of course always an option.

McCain you ask? Nope, I can't go for a guy who wants to stay the course in Iraq. Someone has to be willing to make some hard decisions there and the only person I've heard thus far making any sense about that situation is Hillary; i.e.: get out as soon as we can without screwing things up anymore that they are today and with the lives of our troops at the forefront of any decision to withdraw. That actually makes sense to me......a lot more sense than just sound the retreat, which is what Barack is advocating. No, I have to go along with Hillary on this critical issue and while I don't necessarily agree with her on everything else, we aren't that far apart at the end of the day.

I know I'm really out on a limb here, but it looks like Hillary is my candiate now. Oh Lord, pray for me!

2 comments:

Mark David Anthony said...

Hi there... was looking over your blog after doing a search for socon08 posts (I was there, too ... helped facilitate the Education table and session). I was there last year, too.

You say you can't vote for someone who openly courts Ted Kennedy, yet Hillary was courting him just as openly as Obama. What's more interesting than that, to me, is who Kennedy chose to support, and why he decided to. I'm sure you've already voted by now, but I think this was a bit of confusing logic as part of the decision. Sorry I couldn't have engaged you earlier. I did vote for Obama. In fact, it was the first time I've ever voted for a Democrat for president, not counting 1992 when I abstained from voting in the general election because I didn't think I could support either that year.

Cheers,

~ Mark Anthony

Anonymous said...

I looooooooooooooooooove my daddy!
Your little princess,
Ellie