Monday, March 12, 2007

Back on Air 2



Okay, now I've really gone astray given I haven't posted since mid-February. My heart has always been in the right place, but it has been really difficult to find the time to keep up with Ellies Dad while simultaneously working on the Technology Summit and trying to build a client base for Patrick D. Gaul, Inc. Someone has to pay the mortgage and given there aren't going to be any checks arriving unless I generate some business I have had to set my priorities accordingly. Still, it's a shame since I enjoy writing and I do want to promote my blog in concert with my business. I guess I'm just going to have to make the time going forward to do both!

Business is advancing slowly, but advancing. I have a couple of serious leads and with a bit of luck I reckon they should evolve into paying customers over the next few weeks. I'm also keeping my eyes open for possible C Level opportunities, but nothing concrete thus far. Of course I haven't really been doing much in that area since I wanted to give myself some serious time with the concept of building my own business and it's a bit hard to do both at the same time. It sort of screws up your priorities during the day.

Okay, so what have I been doing over the past month. Well, first I finished up my work with TAG on the Technology Summit and I must admit that it was a fairly successful effort. A few tactical errors on the day with the timing garnered some adverse comments and we failed to provide for wireless access, which was more of an oversight than anything else. I think the content was super and most of the comments I've received directly or have read would suggest that is the case. I got to spend some time with Chris Anderson one-on-one and he seems like a very down to earth chap given his current status in the global technology community. We had a number of things in common; e.g.: we are both married to Brit's.......we both have children in about the same age range and we have both had our share of CEO challenges. I like the guy and I think he gave an outstanding presentation. I also got a nice autograph for my collection. Check out this video, which was done by a young man that I met at SoCon '07.......http://myurbanreport.blogspot.com/2007/03/hi-tech.html. The young man is Amani Channel and his V-Blog focuses on community news other than violence and crime..........you might say he is on the long tail of community news.

On the family side of things it has been a busy year. Joe recently completed his transition to the Boy Scouts and he appeared in the School Musical as part of the chorus. He is growing by leaps and bounds I'm guessing he is going to be fairly tall........his older brother is 6' something (he won't tell me and he is too damn big to hold down and measure).....Joe may even be taller when the growing stops. Check out his picture taken before the musical.......there is also a scout pic for your viewing pleasure.

Anyway, I promise to start posting on a consistent basis and hope everyone will forgive me for being out of touch for so long. Cheers.

No comments: