Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sorry For The Recent Absence


Hi Folks: I'm truly sorry for having been absent the past week or so and I'm guessing you are all tired of looking at that poor deer. The truth of the matter is that I've been really busy the past week with all sorts of interesting projects. I have been trying to hook-up two good friends on a potential financial arrangement; i.e.; one is looking for money and the other helps folks find money. I've also been helping with the Georgia Technology Summit, which is progressing quite nicely and we are now entering the sporsorship phase of the event. That is where we put on our fund raising hats and go out and find firms that want to sponsor the Summit. Finally, I managed to get over the Monastery of the Holy Ghost in Conyers, Ga. with my good friends from NeboWeb and we are looking to help the good Brothers there redesign their website. The Monastery was very impressive, especially when you realize that it was built entirely by the Monks who arrived in the mid-40's using the most basic tools coupled with lots of sweat. It is intensely serene as you would expect, with a retail store that sells Catholic books and articles, but also fruit cakes, fudge, and bonsai trees. Visit www.trappist.net and explore the Monastery on line and then jump into the car on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and drive to Conyers to visit. I promise you will not be disappointed. Finally, caught a game the other night and someone asked me just how close my seats were to the action, so I thought I'd take a camera and give you some sense of being on the floor.

No comments: