Thursday, December 13, 2007

Meanwhile, 50 days later........


Yea, I know. I promised not to drop off the face of the earth and then I quit posting for nearly two months. All I can say in my defense is that I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger and that is absolutely the truth! Just take a look at this lovely photograph. Do you know where that was taken? Herzelia, that's where......and where is Herzelia? Israel.......and how long does it take to get to Israel from Atlanta? Too long if you ask me, especially since I was the guy sitting in the economy seat on Delta. Did I have a wonderful time? Well, yes, but it was work, at least it was when I wasn't swimming in the Mediterranean.

On another front, we just finished the Quality Leadership Executive Southeast Awards this week and that was a rather satisfying event. I was privileged to do the opening remarks and Richard Warner (Think Georgia Business and other PBS Shows)was the Master of Ceremonies. Tescom is a co-founding sponsor for the event and both TAG and the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association were engaged as well. The whole thing was put together by the Executive Alliance, which is led by Marci McCarthy, the CEO and Mary Lou Heastings, their President. The venue was the JW Marriott at Lenox Mall and it was a most delightful day and evening. Some really neat folks attended..........it was a smaller event with about 140 registered guests expected, but that was pretty good given I know there were at least five other events that were happening the same evening. Most of them were Christmas Parties of course. Or should I call them holiday parties? Hmmmmmmm! Do I really want to take up that discussion today? No, I'll pass. I reckon folks can call them whatever they want, but for me it will always be the Christmas Season and I'll be celebrating the birth of Christ until the day I die. Sorry. Blame it on the Christian in me!

Speaking of Christmas, hope everyone has finished their shopping and have their gifts wrapped and ready for the Christmas Tree......there we go again....what else would we call it? The Holiday Tree? Anyway, did you notice that the Christmas/Holiday decorations starting going up the day after Thanksgiving? What was that about? How can a store start putting up decorations for the next holiday when the turkey from the previous one is still sitting in the frig? It just seems that we start this season earlier and earlier and although I know it is an old and somewhat worn gripe, I think we have lost the meaning of Christmas and the holiday season. There. I said it! I feel better and now we can move on more interesting conversation.

The Hawks are still struggling with getting to .500, but I don't suppose that comes as a surprise to anyone. They have been struggling to break-even for years now and I'm beginning to think that isn't going to change this season unless they get rid of the coach and find some less selfish players. Josh Smith is a pratt and needs to go to another team while we can still have some say in the trade. Anthony Johnson is too old to run with the team and he needs to go as well. Trade Sheldon Williams and Salim Stoudamire for a more experience point guard that can act as a true mentor to Acie Law, and find a real center......please!!!!!

Okay, I'll post more soon, but in the meantime, everyone drive safely as the traffic this evening is really wicked!

No comments: